Dear Wheat Ridge Parks & Recreation community,
We are making changes to operations at the Wheat Ridge Rec Center that will allow for more access and improved customer experience. Please read this message in its entirety as it contains a lot of pertinent information.
Beginning Monday, March 15, 2021 the following changes will take effect:
Drop-in for individual workouts, group fitness classes, basketball, pickleball and racquetball. Reservations are no longer required or available for those activities. First-come, first-served. Capacity is still limited to 50% per County restrictions. It's possible you may have to wait or come back if capacity limits have been reached.**If at any point the county moves back into Level Orange, reservations will be reinstated.**
Reservations are still required for use of the lap pool and leisure pool, and to attend aqua exercise classes.
Locker rooms are only open to guests who have a pool, aqua exercise or shower reservation. Individual lockers remain inaccessible at this time as staff cannot sanitize in between each use.
Ages 12 & older | Freestyle use for individual workouts | Capacity: 75
Ages 12 & older | View fitness schedule | Fitness/Dance Room Capacity: 18Noted on the schedule, some classes will still be held in the gym or outside.
Ages 6 & older | Youth under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older | Drop-in basketball/open gym and drop-in pickleball now available.View gym schedule for details
Ages 6 & older | Youth under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older | Drop-in or call 303-231-1300 to reserve a court up to 2 days in advance.
• Daily admission fees return to pre-COVID rates and everyone must check-in with an active household account.
• 10-visit passes are now available for purchase and are valid for drop-in use or to make pool reservations. If you have an existing 10-visit pass, it will be reactivated and available to use.
• Month-to-Month passes available to purchase. All existing, inactive month-to-month passes will be cancelled. You must sign up for a new pass by completing paperwork with amended COVID info and pay for the first month. The first auto payment for active, new passes will be charged on 4/15/21.
• Annual passes are available to purchase. All annual passes that were active when we closed on 3/15/20 will be reactivated on 3/15/21 and expiration dates will be extended one full year from the original expiration date.
• SilverSneakers and ReNEW Active passes - Eligible members may use these passes to make a pool or aqua exercise class reservation or drop-in to use the facility for individual workouts, group fitness classes, pickleball, or racquetball.
Cash transactions will be accepted at the front desk.
For more information, including admission and pass fees, and patron expectations while visiting the Rec Center please visit www.rootedinfun.com/WRRC
We request your continued patience with our front line staff during this transition period as they are committed to providing you the best possible service under ever-changing circumstances.
Questions? Call 303-231-1300
Thank you for your continued patronage over the last year!
- Wheat Ridge Recreation Center staff