In Wheat Ridge, we know that recreation programming, vibrant parks and open spaces enhance our community and create a great place to live and play. We provide opportunities to meet your neighbors, improve your health, enjoy nature, learn something new and develop hobbies for a lifetime!
- 300 Open Space acres
- 7 trail miles
- 20 Parks (173 Park acres)
- Dog Park
- Skate Park
- Splash Pad
- 20 Playgrounds
- 13 Picnic Pavilions/Shelters
- 7 Tennis Courts
- 6 Pickleball Courts
- 11 Baseball/Softball Fields
- 8 Multi-purpose Sports Fields
- 8 Outdoor Basketball Courts
- 69,000 sq. ft. Recreation Center
- Outdoor Aquatics Facility
- Anderson Community Building
- Active Adult Center
- Richards-Hart Estate
- Historic Park
- Community Gardens
- 8 Public Art Displays
We are dedicated to serving our community by providing diverse programs, experiences and spaces that enhance quality of life.
To be the first choice and trusted source for connecting with nature, living healthy and having fun.
"Rooted in Fun" was inspired by the City’s rich agricultural history along with the essence of what parks and recreation is all about.. fun! We are committed to offering quality programs and events for you and your family to connect with people, parks and play in Wheat Ridge.
Where We Are Located
The City of Wheat Ridge is located just west of Denver along I-70. It is one of the smallest cities in the Denver metro area in both size, 9.5 square miles and population, approximately 31,000.
How We Are Funded
- Program and Service Fees
- City’s General Fund (sales tax revenue)
- Recreation Center Fund (sales tax revenue)
- Open Space Fund (Jefferson County Open Space Tax)
- Conservation Trust Fund (Colorado Lottery)
Accreditation & Awards
The City of Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation Department is accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies for excellence in operation and service. The Department was also a National Gold Medal Finalist in 2017.