The 2022 Summer Sun Camp is SOLD OUT!
Stay tuned for more information on our specialty camps coming in the Summer Activity Guide on April 1st.
Sun Camp, Fun Camp!
Keep your child(ren) active and engaged during school breaks!
Wheat Ridge Sun Camp is a state-licensed day camp for children ages 6 to 13; offered during Jefferson County Public Schools’ spring, summer and winter breaks.
Sun Camp daily activities include arts and crafts, board games, gym time, climbing on the Climbing Wall, swimming at Anderson Pool, outdoor play at surrounding parks and exploration along the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt. Other fun activities may include bike riding, water play, community service projects and special guest presentations.
Spring Break and Winter Break Sun Camps are located at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center:
4005 Kipling St, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
NEW in 2022, the Summer Sun Camp will be located at the Anderson Building:
4355 Field St, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
The maximum number of children we can provide care for each day has expanded to 60. Even with this growth we are still very committed to getting to know each child and build lasting relationships with families like yours year after year!
Small groups will be established following Jefferson County Public Health guidelines and based on similar ages and interests.
Our friendly and energetic staff know how to have fun, yet our first priority will always be the safety and well being of your child. All camp staff are required to complete 22 hours of training annually, and are American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Certified. Whether your child is attending camp for the first time or returning for the fifth summer in a row, thank you for choosing and trusting us to care for your child!
Sun Camp Objectives
- Build self-confidence through a variety of group and team-building activities.
- Encourage the development of new friendships.
- Practice positive discipline techniques and help children develop and use conflict resolution skills.
- Provide a safe, accepting and caring environment for each child.
See registration page for details.
What to Bring Everyday
- 2 Snacks (morning and afternoon)
- Camp Swim Shirt
- Tennis Shoes
- Water Bottle
COVID Related Info & Modifications
Our programs and facilities are adhering to all state and county public health orders. Some of these protocols may change as public health guidelines and mandates change.
- Group sizes will be limited to 20 kids and 2 camp staff. Groups will remain consistent through the summer
- Drop off and pick up will take place at a designated camp entry/exit door at the Anderson Building (likely the main door for the gymnasium from the lobby)
- Health screenings including temperature checks will be performed daily at drop off
- Kids will be required to wash hands upon entering the building and at regular intervals throughout the day
- Each kid will have their own dedicated basket to keep all their belongings in
- All materials and toys will be disinfected at the end of each day and periodically throughout the day after use
- We will encourage most activities to be outdoors when weather permits