Climbing is included with your Recreation Center admission!
- 30 foot indoor rock climbing wall
- Bouldering line
- Full height crack and other natural features
- Routes for all ability levels
- Six available top-rope stations
- Free equipment check-out available by request
- Group rentals
- Free Safety Orientations and Belay Training!
Ages & Requirements
- Ages 6+. Children age 5 and under are not permitted to use the Climbing Wall at any time.
- All climbers must sign a Waiver of Liability (PDF) and attend a Safety Orientation prior to using the Climbing Wall. A parent/legal guardian must sign the Waiver for minors under the age of 18.
- Parents / legal guardians of youth age 6 to 11 must attend the Safety Orientation with their child and accompany them at the Climbing Wall at all times.
- Belay Training is limited to climbers age 12 and older.
- Belay certified adults 18 and older are permitted to climb and belay others during Supervised and Open Climb hours
- Belay certified youth age 12 to 17 may only belay other climbers age 12 or older under the supervision of Climbing Wall staff during Supervised Climbing hours.
Available during supervised climbing hours only. First-come, first-served. Please allow 45 to 60 minutes for the class.
Belay Training is for climbers age 12 and older only. Limited space available, reserve a spot with climbing wall staff at orientation or email Jim Spaulding.
- Wednesdays 4 p.m. or 5:30 p.m.
Climbing Wall staff available to belay climbers and conduct safety orientations.
- Mon & Wed 4 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday 12 to 3 p.m.
Not staffed. Belay certified adults may climb or belay climbers age 6 and older.
- Mon & Wed 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 - 10 p.m.
- Tues & Thurs 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Follow these steps to start climbing:
- Sign the Waiver of Liability (PDF)
- Attend a Safety Orientation* (required)
- Get Belay Certified* (optional, ages 12 and up only)
*Experienced climbers may "test out" of the Safety Orientation and Belay Training with Climbing Wall staff during Supervised Climbing hours.