Discover and experience Colorado's awesome attractions!
Our day trips are the perfect opportunity for 50+ adults to explore Colorado and make new friends without the hassle of having to drive!
Trips and destinations vary each month and may include:
- Performances–concerts, theater, dance
- Educational-museums, exhibits, tours
- Events–festivals, teas, sports, happy hour
- Unique Colorado attractions
- Natural areas
Sign up to receive the Active Adult Center email newsletter by calling 303-205-7500 or online at www.rootedinfun.com/e-newsletter.
Three ways to register:
- Call: 303-205-7500
- Online: Register online. NOTE: scholarship benefit may not be used with online registration.
- Visit: Active Adult Center, 6363 W. 35th Ave
Choose trips that match your ability
Each trip has a rating and description to convey the level of physical activity involved and the accessibility of the venue. These are listed on our online registration website and in print materials. Please be sure to read the trip rating and description completely and choose trips that match your ability.
- Venue accessibility is different for every trip. Be sure to read trip description thoroughly.
- Any trip with elevation of 9,000’ boosts rating to moderate or active depending on level of walking/activity needed. So, a LIGHT trip at elevation is a moderate trip.
General Trip Ratings
– Mostly sitting; accessible venue
– Self-paced walking on even surfaces; accessible venue
– Walking on varied surfaces/possible stairs; pace may be determined by guide
– Lots of walking; brisk pace; stairs or venue not accessible; elevation may be over 9,000’
Outdoor recreation ratings are separate. See outdoor rec ratings here.