Little Learners Preschool
About the Program
Little Learners is a state-licensed, half-day preschool program for children ages 3 to 5 years old. Little Learners is housed at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center in the Children's Pavilion and operates in the afternoons from 1:10 until 4:10 p.m.
You have the choice of enrolling in either 2 or 3 days per week based on your child’s needs.
The program runs concurrently with the Jefferson County School District calendar and is closed on school holidays. In addition to the 9-month school year program, September through May, we also offer a summer program, June through August.
Our comprehensive curriculum has been carefully crafted by professionals to ensure that your child will receive a rich, rewarding, and fun preschool experience. Your child will be introduced to a structured classroom environment as well as unstructured playtime. Exciting weekly themes are developed and used to teach gross and fine motor skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and social interaction. Your child will learn shapes, colors, numbers and more through a variety of fun activities including arts and crafts, games, science projects, and fitness and wellness activities.
Your child will be taught by teachers who are caring, compassionate and enjoy children. Our teachers are required to have an Early Childhood Education (ECE) with completed coursework in Early Child Development, as well as maintain current infant/child/adult First Aid and CPR/AED certifications.
Potty Training Requirement
If your child is not potty trained, you must be present in the building as staff cannot provide personal care.
Ready for Preschool
Not sure if your child is ready for preschool? Check out our Ready for Preschool Checklist (PDF).
COVID Related Info & Modifications
Our programs and facilities are adhering to all state and county public health orders. Some of these protocols may change as public health guidelines and mandates change.
- Classroom size is limited to 10 children and 2 teachers
- Classroom groups will remain consistent throughout the program
- Children must wear face masks while at school
- Parents/adults must wear face masks when interacting with staff
- Parents, adults or guests are not permitted to enter the classroom at this time
- Drop off and pick up will take place at the playground gate on the north side of the Rec Center
- Health screenings including temperature checks will be performed daily at drop off
- Children will be required to wash hands upon entering the classroom and at regular intervals throughout the program
- Each student will have their own dedicated art supplies
- Each student will have their own dedicated cubby to hold their belongings
- All materials and toys are disinfected at the end of each day and periodically during the program after use
- Monthly library visits will be done virtually until further notice